Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I can finally post photos of my fairy house!

I made this for the Small World forum "Round Thing non-contest". The only real requirement was to make a round structure. This fairy house in a tree stump started life as a small Pringles can. The base is a laminate flooring sample (I'm glad I save everything, lol.) The actual stump is 1:12 scale as you can see by the boy playing behind the tree. The fairy and her house are 1:48 scale. The house has working lights. The furniture is made from natural materials - many came from a couple of bags of potpourri.


The bark of the tree is made from paper mache.











8 comments:

Anonymous said...

De - that is terrific. I just love it!

De said...

Thank you, Doreen!

Katie said...

Oh! I love it!! What a great idea to do it inside the pringles can...And it's so small:)

Kim said...

so cute!!! What a great idea- I love the 1/12 scale boy on the outside!

De said...

Thanks, Ladies!

DLSarmywife said...

De, that is just adorable! So cute and natural!

MiniKat said...

Very cute! You did a great job, De!

De said...

Thank you!