Friday, December 23, 2011

Paper houses

I found some printable houses on About.com. Printed without adjustment they are approximately 1:144 scale. I made a few changes with the extra components and added snow and glitter. The evergreen is curled chenille stem. I think these would make adorable tree ornaments.
I also reduced the houses by 40% to make a village for the boarding house mantle. That was a bit of a pain but it looks great now that I'm finished. I also added snow and glitter to these houses.

8 comments:

carmen said...

feliz navidad!

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

Beautiful work De! I love your village on the mantle.

Have a Very Merry Christmas!

Hugs,
Victoria

minwks said...

This is a very cute idea! Thank you for sharing it with us. It looks adorable on the mantle. I can imagine it was a lot of work!
All the best for New Year.
Janine
minworks.blogspot.com

Lady Jane said...

These are so precious. I love the putz houses in 1" scale and one of these days I will make some. But the 144 is fantastic and look so nice in your house. Cheers. LJ

De said...

Thanks everyone!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea! Those little houses are wonderful!

De said...

Thank you!

April D said...

The mantle village is PRECIOUS. What a great idea!
I am catching up after the holidays now--your little projects are SWEET.
Happy New Year(can I still say that a whole month after Christmas?)
:)
~april