Saturday, March 3, 2012

Shabby chic in pink

I just participated in a shabby chic swap with a couple of good friends. I know they've both received what I made so I can share with you all now. I will be receiving what they made soon. The chest of drawers is one of those red stained Dollar Tree pieces. I gave it a shabby finish and hand painted the roses on it. The bed was completely hand made using a wooden fence for the headboard. The linens were made from a pretty rose print fabric, and old handkerchief, vintage lace, and a linen napkin. The "braided" rug was crocheted. The candle is a cut down birthday candle in a bead cap bowl surrounded by punched paper flowers. I used the same flower punch to make the blossoms decorating the lamp shade. The lamp is made from twisted wire and a pretty bead. I painted the baskets and made mini versions of some shabby chic/country magazines to put in them.
This bed has a larger floral print ribbon bedskirt and a gingham backed comforter. I also framed a tiny rose print in a silver jewelry finding with dimensional gel "glass" for each of them. I don't normally make quite so many things for swaps but shabby chic is my favorite decorating style so I just couldn't stop, lol. I included fabric and lace scraps for each of them so they can make matching curtains or cushions if they want.

I can't wait to see what I get in return!

5 comments:

Ascension said...

Seguro que quien reciba ese fabuloso regalo de intercambio sera feliz, es fantastico.
besitos ascension

Fabiola said...

Fantastic minis.
Bye Faby

Mini Minnie said...

Everything is so cute! I love the shabby chic style :)

April D said...

Beautiful! I can never get over how creative you are with bits and pieces! Vision to use such things so well is definitely a gift!
~april

Unknown said...

Your minis are precious...Would love if you visit and follow my blog http://mycupofteaminiatures.wordpress.com/, regards!