Saturday, May 4, 2019

This is finally the right one!

Hubby and I spent a wonderful day antiquing. We found this broken dresser for just a couple of dollars. I was pretty sure it would be perfect for the farmhouse bedroom with a bit of work. I can use the Dollar Tree dressers for a future project. Before the new piece would fit I had to fix something that had been bugging me anyway. The track for the sliding barn door was way too long. So that problem is fixed and the new dresser fits perfectly - win/win.
 There was a mirror pin missing and the mirror frame had broken at some point and was glued back on crooked and the "repair" was very messy.
 I scraped off the old glue and glued in a small support so I could glue the mirror on to something solid. I also gave the piece a distressed, chalk painted finish to match the other furniture in the room.
This is the perfect piece for the bedroom.

5 comments:

Marian said...

Ha quedado fantástico.
Un saludo

Drora's minimundo said...

Looks fantastic! A great find.
Hugs,
Drora

De said...

Thank you!

De said...

Thank you, Drora!

PILAR6373 said...

Es muy bonito y encaja perfecto en la decoración!
Besos.