Friday, May 14, 2010

Garage Sale Finds

My daughter and I had a wonderful afternoon checking out area garage sales today. We fired up the GPS and went exploring! This stack is the stuff I purchased with mini purposes is mind. The wine crate will become "something" once I get inspired. I found windows and various wood pieces. The little black and white lighthouse has a red and white twin.

I also purchased some books, a pair of baskets and a new Swiffer to replace mine (it's been held together with duck tape for a long time, lol.)

My daughter found a blender, some shoes, drinking glasses, antique canning jars to use in her bathroom, a board game and a large 2 section crate to use as bathroom storage.

We took a break to enjoy some ice cream, too. It was a perfect day!

8 comments:

dalesdreams said...

Sounds like you had fun. I think the hunt is most of the thrill. ;)

Oh, what are you going to do with those wood pieces?

They remind me of something...

Jo Raines said...

Great that you found some goodies and had a wonderful day with your daughter.

Jody

De said...

Thank you both!

Dale, I don't yet have a specific project in mind.Which pieces reminded you of something? The finials will make nice vases and urns when properly painted.

dalesdreams said...

I think that the finials remind me of apothecary jars? you know, like at an old time drug store?

Vases and urns, definitely! :)

Ascension said...

Habeis conseguido cosas preciosas!!!
Seguro que lo habeis pasado genial tu hija y tu.
besitos ascension

Iris said...

Yoy have made a good shop. Yoy certainly had fun.

Alienora said...

I read about such a nice findings with great pleasure, I wish we had garage sales in Poland...
Hugs from here:)))
Alienora

De said...

Thank you all!