Thursday, October 28, 2010

The results

It isn't perfect but I purchased this fabric with the intention of making a sofa. I used a bit of it for the dining chair cushions in the boarding house but it wasn't the best choice for the living room there. This sofa was not made from a kit. I used thin wood for the base and back, foam core for the arms and cushions, a bit of quilt batting for padding, and skinny sticks for the legs. I glued 2 together to form the leg pieces and used a single layer for the stretchers. I don't really have any plans for it but I needed to do something mini to get the ideas flowing again.

I also need to stock up on Michael's hutches again. I use them for so many things other than hutches. Home office cabinets, fireplaces, windows, benches, kitchen cabinets, just to name a few. The boarding house used up the last of my miscellaneous minis, too. I think I may have to hit a couple of craft stores soon to stock up. Gee, that's too bad. ;-)

3 comments:

Thmini2 said...

I think I have that material also. Your couch looks great. Our Michel's around here doesn't have the hutches. At least they didn't have them when I was in there a couple of weeks ago. They seemed to cut their wood section down.

April D said...

OH! A stock-up trip! That would be so FUN.
I love the little green sofa. Could you make a human-sized one just like it for my living room?:)The fabric is JUST what I'm looking for.
Can't wait for inspiration to strike for you again soon!

Kathi said...

Lovely sofa De! Glad to see you back to mini making. A stock-up trip should get you going strong. It sure does that for me! :D