Wednesday, April 9, 2014

As promised, I did start the cardboard house

These photos are not the best. My phone camera was close so that's what I used. The outside of the cottage will get stones. The dormers are stuccoed. The interior walls are all tan "plaster" done by adding sand in with the paint. The "wood" floors are all extra cardboard with pencil drawn lines. I stained and sealed them after drawing the lines. There's still quite a bit of work to go but I made good progress. Here's an early photo:
The holes were cut for access. I made the door with cardboard and paper. The stones will cover the paper hinge.
.


The floors are really pretty. It's hard to tell their humble origins. Back later with updates!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

the floors look great!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh, how fun! Can't wait to see up close!