Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Very Enlightening Afternoon

 At least in the mini world - although none of them are working lights. I reworked the bedroom chandelier and I am much happier with it. The four arms are spaced the way I want them and the swags of beads sparkle beautifully when the light hits them.

I actually made the bathroom sconces when I first made the chandelier but forgot to post a photo. These were made with various jewelry and scrapbook findings and beads.
 The revamped console and end table are not lights but that's coming later in this post. I gave both pieces a more worn and rustic finish, leaving the tops of each in the original wood finish. I'm especially happy with the console. It's a much nicer looking piece now.
 The beautiful potted roses were made by my friend, Brenda. The worn finish of the pot is perfect for this room. I also rearranged again. I'm still working to find just the right layout. This may be the one.
 The living room light fixture was made from an odd piece of something that my son found in our driveway. I like the egg basket effect of the wire mesh. The bottom loops, with a little help, fold out just a bit to give it a floral feel.

Once the front door is on, this room is nearly finished. I want some sort of coffee table but I don't know just what yet.

At some point I really have to address the outside of this house. I'm closer to knowing what I want anyway. At least I am making progress. ;-)

We have our first victim to the nasty stomach bug going around here. My poor daughter (and I, as caregiver) spent a horrible night sleeping on the bathroom floor. If we have another victim, it will be me. Fingers crossed that we won't pass it around.

Hoping you have a blessed (and much healthier) weekend wherever you are.

2 comments:

Giac said...

Hello De,
That is a great chandelier. Well done. The pictures are so cozy and welcoming. I hope you are all better.
Big hug,
Giac

De said...

Thank you, Giac.