Thursday, June 9, 2016

Revisiting the Sherwoods

 My husband and I wandered through an antique shop today on our way home from his doctor appointment. He found a new slide rule to add to his collection (he is a physicist) and I found a new jewelry box for Mrs. Sherwood. It is a pretty little pill box.
I had some time once we got home to play. I found a blog of vintage paper dolls. She had a printie of some accessories for one of the sets she was featuring and it had a record player. I adjusted the size and then added beads and bits for the arm and knobs. I weighted the base with heavy cardboard to keep it upright. I'm pleased with the results. I'm not certain it will stay in the master bedroom but that works for now. :-)

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

EDIT: The record player was given a few improvements - the hardware and handle that make it portable and a few albums and 45s. I also shortened the base a bit.

1 comment:

Giac said...

Hello De,
The pill box is lovely and you did a great job with the record player.
Big hug
Giac