Saturday, April 25, 2009

Victorian style

Well, I am still sick so I don't have much new to share. I was able to do a little mini-ing last night but it's for a swap so I can't share pictures. I will, however, share some pictures of some Victorian style things I made for friends in the past.

This fire screen was very easy to make. The base is a wooden wheel and the post is made from 1 1/2 stair spindles. I used a wooden circle for the frame and the inset is the embossed top from a winebottle - the wrapper that goes over the cork. I dry brushed paint onto the embossed areas to look like stitching. I still need to make a couple of these for myself!

The bed was also a quick and easy project. I started with ready made bedposts but the headboard is a leftover scrap from a dollhouse. Actually, the entire frame of the bed other than the posts was made from leftover bits in my wood box. The patchwork quilt is actually glued rather than sewed since the bed covers are all glued permanently in place and I didn't have to worry about durability or flexibility of the quilt.

1 comment:

MiniKat said...

The firescreen is gorgeous and I love the quilt. :-)