Thursday, February 21, 2019

I got a lot done!


 Please excuse the hand in some of the photos. I'm not ready to hang mirrors, cabinets, and such but I wanted to give you an idea of where they will be.

 The toilet did not have a tank when I bought it at an antique shop. The seat was black. I used a dental floss box for the tank and painted the seat. I added a flush handle and it turned out well. I painted all of the brass faucets to look like oil rubbed bronze.



The windows are my next challenge, once I finish the bedroom floor. They are all way too high to make any sense so I have to figure out a way to give the illusion of a longer window. I don't want to cut new ones because I don't like to make structural changes to vintage houses, even the homemade ones.

All of the window and door trim as well as the baseboards will be white.

Daughter #2 and family are coming for the weekend so I won't get much done while they are here. Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

6 comments:

Giac said...

Hello De,
It is really coming along. Great work.
Big hug
Giac

Jodi Hippler said...

Oh De it's looking wonderful! I love the toilet tank solution and the paint job turned out well! The layout of the rooms is wonderful and I love the rugs and flooring. I saw this article about making windows appear larger. I didn't get the chance to read it myself yet but maybe some good tips there?

http://dollhousedecoratingblog.com/2016/02/curtains-3-tricks-to-disguise-window-size.html

De said...

Thank you, Giac!

De said...

Thank you, Jodi. I will be checking that article out soon.

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

Oh wow! I love the colors and the rugs and the flooring in the bathroom. Awesome work!

De said...

Thank you, Brandy!