Saturday, February 16, 2019

More farmhouse fun!

 I made a bed with a tufted headboard today. I moved the hexagon end table to the bedroom to use as a nightstand and I raided the antique shop for an antique style school desk for the other side. I also stained the trunk. So, opinions please - should I paint the desk and/or trunk with the white chalk paint? I would distress either piece so the dark stain shows.

 Although you can't really tell, the bed has sheets under the comforter.
I ordered the kitchen set from miniatures.com. The only change I am making to the set is staining the table top. If I could figure out how to do it without getting stain on the chair backs, I'd probably stain the chair seats, too.

3 comments:

PILAR6373 said...

personalmente yo sí pintaría el baúl,creo que va a destacar más en la habitación.La ropa de cama te ha quedado muy bonita!
La manera de pintar las sillas es poniendo cinta alrededor del respaldo para no pasarte con la pintura.
Besos.

Giac said...

Hello De,
Painting the furniture would make it look like more of a set purchased to go together, whereas leaving them as theya re gives the impression of antique pieces the family would never dream of touching. Either option can work well.
Big hug
Giac

De said...

Thanks for your input! I am leaning towards leaving the desk as is and painting the trunk a different color than white.