Obviously, there's still a lot work to do but I got a good start today. The juke box needs some beads for buttons and knobs so it has some dimension but I think it will work. I'm very happy with the booths and the counter and stools. The booth benches are pieces of metal angle brackets that I saved from something and the tables were made from cappaccino container lids and film canisters. The counter was made from a wooden box a watch came in and the stools are bits of hardware with vintage soda lids for seats.
I did have a catastrophe today, though. Zyla got into the craft room and ate some of my mini food I had out for the diner. I can't wait until she gets past this stage. It makes me crazy!
The next step for the diner is to prime the interior and figure out paint or wallpaper. I want a black and white tile floor and pink upper walls. I think I will raise the floor level of the front part to match the kitchen level...or at least make them closer to the same height.