Saturday, January 30, 2010

The beginning

One log in the front wall is warped so I weighted and taped it. Good thing I have such a large cookbook collection. :-)
This is the front and side walls interlocked as they dry. I also have the floor assembled and drying. This is not a difficult kit to assemble once you get all of the pieces sorted by size. It's definitely tiny, though. I'm thinking it's gonna have to be the pioneer cabin. When it's finished I will mount it on a base so I can add an outhouse, a place to chop wood, etc.

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Looking good De! Seems like a fun project. I'm sure it will be great!

Anonymous said...

It's looking good!...you are quick :)

Kim said...

It's looking great De- I am excited to see more :)

cockerina said...

Sometimes the cookbooks are useful ....
LOL LOL LOL
Caterina