Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Just a bit of fine tuning

 I think this really is the final exterior update. I added icicles and some Christmas decorations as well as a house number.
 James is holding an unpainted metal airplane. He has red and green paint ready to go. (Paint cans are made from moisture absorbing canisters found in pill bottles.)
The dollhouse area looks like someone is working now. The house has windows and partial wallpaper and flooring. The roof shingling is in progress. Extra wallpaper is rolled up and stored in the bucket on the floor. It looks so much better now that it looks like work is being done.

4 comments:

Lucille said...

Dee, amazing that you thought of turning one of those pill bottle canisters into a paint can. And, to think that some of the toys are erasers and beads and buttons! You're so opening my eyes to the possibilities. Things I had never thought of because in case you don't know, I am fairly new to the world of miniature and I do not have much experience. Thanks for the tips.

De said...

I didn't realize that you were new to miniatures, Lucille. Welcome to this wonderful hobby. My favorite thing to do is to take what some would consider trash and turn it into a beautiful mini. There are tons of tutorials online - a few on my blog. If you ever have questions, please ask. I would be happy to help in any way. :)

afairytalecometruewyrna said...

It is impressive what you can get out of things. I think it's about whether you are good to look in detail, you may be. The fact that you see opportunities in what I throw out, it is very impressive. I must practicing.
Your house is so beautiful and with so many fine and interesting details.

Hugs
Wyrna

PILAR6373 said...

Te ha quedado preciosa y ese aspecto invernal me encanta!!!! Bienvenida al mágico mundo de las miniaturas!!!
Besos.