Friday, February 22, 2013

Snow Day!

 The first snow day of the season is cause for celebration by children...and staff, too! I'm spending my day working on the elves' workshop. Woo hoo! (I am doing laundry, too, so I don't feel the least bit guilty about playing today. ;) ) I got the front and back roof pieces glued together...

 ...and got the first of the trim pieces painted and ready. I used a rubber stamp on the shutters after sanding them to look a bit worn. I am very happy with the results.
I am finally ready to start assembling. I am using the DuraCraft Sweetheart. It seems to be pretty straight forward. I am especially pleased to find no warping even though it's an old kit - the instruction sheet is very yellowed and the paper is brittle.

Stay tuned for updates! Yay! I am finally working on minis again. :-D

3 comments:

Lucille said...

You have your work all cut out for you, literally (smiling) from all the pieces lying on your work table. It must feel wonderful to be doing minis again!

afairytalecometruewyrna said...

It seems like a lot of work. Good luck.

Hugs
Wyrna

De said...

The planning stage is half the fun!