Friday, April 5, 2013

The proof is in the pictures

 The fabric drawer is organized by type of print - floral, holiday, mini check, other prints, mini nursery prints, solids. The back corner has fabrics for 1:1 projects.
 The paper drawer was jammed pack with all kinds of stuff - most of not useful at all. Now I can find just what I need, quickly and easily.
 I'd forgotten what my work top looked like, lol. I scrubbed a lot of old paint of both the table and the mat. The mug is a coffee shop in progress.
 This desk is to the left of the main work area. I love to see the paints all sorted by color.
 This is the sewing area. The machine is under a patchwork cover. The chair was found in one of my Dad's barns after he passed away.
This is organized chaos. It's the storage area for wood, egg cartons, large bottles of paint, spray paint, all of my beads and buttons, trays for making projects portable, packing materials for my shop, and a bunch of room boxes. I know it looks cluttered in the photo but it looks so much more organized than before.

4 comments:

Lucille said...

Hi De! You did a great job! I like how you organized the fabric. I will do likewise. It will be so pleasant for you to work on your projects now that you don't have to look for everything. You have a great working space. Do you have this book by Venus A. Dodge called Dolls' House Needlecrafts? It's a great book!

MiniAussie said...

Ahh you've inspired me to do something with all my stuff!! AND have given me some great ideas! Thanks for posting this :) Tough job isn't it!

Lady Jane said...

It looks great. You are making me want to tidy everything up...

Marisa said...

you know I was just thinking about cleaning up my workspace and now I think I will do it when I get home.

thanks for the inspiration

Hugs
marisa