Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I just had to do it

I wasn't completely happy with my tables before but now I love them. I had the hemp cord out to make the glass float and got inspired to add it to the table legs and the lamp. After all, you can't have too much rope in a nautically themed room, right? In the porch picture you can see the glass float hanging from the porch rail.

Now if I can just figure out what to do with that lighthouse so that I like it...It still looks like it needs "something" but I'm not sure what. Any suggestions?



7 comments:

Sans! said...

It will be fun to make the light house into a lamp :)!

Kathi said...

Love what you did with the table legs! Very beachy! Not sure about the lighthouse... I have one too and am wondering how to paint it. I've been looking at photos of real lighthouses. Found some ideas there.
How did you make your slipcovered sofa? I made a white chair yesterday and it didn't turn out very nice. I think it needs a slipcover!

De said...

When I upholstered the sofa I just left the fabric purposely loose. I stitched gathers at the arms to allow extra fabric. I think that you could make a throw style slipcover with a large square of cotton fabric and lightly glue it in place in the areas you would tuck in a real slipcover. The fabric would need to be very soft. An old handkerchief or scraps from a well-worn man's dress shirt would be a couple of sources.

De said...

Sans, I had thought of making it into a lamp. Were you thinking of a lamp with a shade on top or of having the light shine where a beacon in a real light house shines?

Katie said...

A lamp would be neat! And I think either way sounds fine....Maybe you could add a little base to it...and a window:)

Good idea on the table legs!

Sans! said...

Exactly as you describe without the shade. I was looking at your picture and thought how cute if a point of light shines through from the lighthouse. In fact, if you can make the light rotate..LOL..bet you will love the lighthouse after that..haha!

Kathi said...

Thanks for the slipcover tips. I guess I won't toss my chair into the trash just yet!
Love the idea of a lighthouse lamp!