Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A wedding in the park





This is the wedding gazebo I mentioned in an earlier post. The actual gazebo is a real life bird feeder. There are many "firsts" for me in this display. My first polymer clay roses - on the cake, in the bouquet and the bride's headpiece, and the flowers vining up the sides of the gazebo. This was also my first wedding cake. I used various sizes of bottle caps for the cake layers. The cake table is my first attempt at pleating the cloth into soft folds. The area around the gazebo is my first attempt at landscaping.


The groom is an older doll given to me by my husband's aunt. I gave him a new white shirt, a tie and a boutonierre for his park wedding. The bride was sculpted and dressed by me.


This was a fun little project. One of my favorite things to do is to make over real life items.





5 comments:

Tallulah Belle said...

Looks great De :-)

DLSarmywife said...

De, your gazebo turned out beautiful! I love the wedding cake, and all those pretty roses! Well done!!!!

Kathi said...

Your little roses are very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Lovely De. The roses are really nice.

De said...

Thank you all!