Saturday, July 25, 2009

There's furniture!

It's finished...I think. There's still room for a few small accessories. At least a cup of tea next to the book on the coffee table. The tall lighthouse next to the door wasn't quite finished when I took the photos but I wanted to see how it was going to look.


The fireplace and blanket chest were made from a dismantled Michael's hutch - you gotta love those things! I made the sofa from scratch with cardboard, balsa, batting and fabric. I wanted it to look like it was slipcovered and I think I achieved that. This project makes me want to head to the beach. Vacation anyone?

8 comments:

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Wow! You sure work fast De! Love the slipcover!
Mercedes

Unknown said...

Wow,already finished...!!! You are such a quick worker...I love the results,it looks beautiful!

Kathi said...

How cute! Love the slipcovered sofa! I'm going to see if I can make a chair like this!?
I really like all of your beachy accessories! Especially the lighthouse. I have a lighthouse too but it's flat on one side. Not sure what I'll do with it yet?

DLSarmywife said...

It looks fantastic. I think you achieved the slip-covered look perfectly!

De said...

Thank you all! The lighthouse on the mantel is actually a button that's flat on the back. I used some Mini Hold to stick it to the mantel and keep it upright.

cindy@muttleymanse said...

Found your blog by following your comment on another blog. I just purchased an old dollhouse and I am looking for ideas. Your blog and your creations are wonderful. I will be following this blog and going back and reading everything I missed.

Kim said...

So sweet- I love the painting above the fireplace- did you paint it? It is all very cute- I am ready for vacation right now!

De said...

Thank you. Kim, the painting over the fireplace was painted by my friend, Joan. Most of the really cool items in the room were made by friends for a nautical swap.