Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bathroom fixtures

I already had a tub for the dollhouse so I've been looking for an inexpensive toilet. I knew it wouldn't be difficult to make some sort of sink/vanity combo. I looked at Dollar Tree where I've found bathroom sets before to no avail. So, in desperation, I designed my own. The part that had me stumped was making a seat with a lid that opened.Yesterday I finished a bottle of liquid dish detergent and there was my mini toilet seat, lol. The bowl is a small wooden egg cup style communion cup. The tank is made with miscellaneous wood bits. The sink and vanity are in a bookcase. I removed the top shelves, glued in a mirror and cut small rounded shelves from craft sticks. The faucet is a screw hook, the sink is a lid. It is all very sturdy and "playable."


6 comments:

dalesdreams said...

De, that is ingenious! :)

Meg said...

The toilet looks a lot better with the seat painted.

De said...

Thank you! Meg, I trimmed the extra plastic from the lid, too, so it looks more in scale than when you saw it.

Kathi said...

Great idea for the toilet seat!
You are so creative!

Kim said...

De- you amaze me all the time- I have been trying to look at things differently, but I don't know if I will ever see minis in as many things as you do! This turned out adorable :)

De said...

Thank you all. Kim, I've been doing this for a long time on a limited budget. You will get there, I promise!