Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Backyard BBQ anyone?

This was a fun project. The island is the bottom half of a Michael's hutch with an added counter covered in a black granite pattern. I made new door handles with beads and pins.
Most of the food was made with polymer clay. The vegetable tray started life as a toothpaste cap - I think Sensodyne. I just sliced a section off to the right height. The "jello" dessert is a clear button painted with glass paint and topped with matte white fabric paint "whipped cream" and glass bead blueberries. The amber glass paint iced tea is in a pitcher made from a bullet shell. I added a handle made from a strip of copper sheeting.

3 comments:

Kathi said...

Love your veggie tray! I'll have a cheeseburger please!

Kim said...

what a fabulous idea De! I love how realistic the hamburgers look--and how clever with the jello dessert!

De said...

Thank you!