Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A little more work in the boarding house

Harriet has chores to do in the kitchen so I gave her a bucket of soapy water. This is a really easy project. I painted a wood bucket and then filled it with clear dimensional liquid. I added some iridescent beads in several sizes, stirred them up a little and added a cloth hanging over the edge of the bucket. I first moistened the cloth with the dimensional stuff and I used a toothpick to tuck the edge under the "bubbles" to make it look as though the cloth is wet and partially immersed in the water.
I also made a single shelf to fill in the gap between the hanging cabinet and the base. It looks much better now. You can just see the bucket on the floor next to the sink.

This type of little project is the proof that a dollhouse is never really finished. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the inspiration with the beads in the bucket. It looks very beautiful.