Thursday, May 5, 2011

Now this is cool

I figured out how to make realistic looking African violets tonight. The boarding house really needed a few - this is my favorite on the kitchen table.
My MIL has had African violets for as long as I've known her so I'm excited to put one in the dining room.

I used a small heart punch for the leaves. I lightly coated the tops with glue and patted on a miniscule amount of beige flocking. The blossoms are punched with my new punch out of purple paper. I added a dot of yellow paint in the center of each blossom. The blossoms are each on a tiny little stem. It was surprisingly easy to get a beautiful African violet. The only thing I would change is to use a thinner paper for the flowers in the future but I am very pleased with my results. Go ahead, give it a try! :)

No comments: