Sunday, February 7, 2016

It's finished!

 I still have lots of details I want to add but the house is done. I'm pleased with how the roof turned out. It's just black cardstock cut into shingles. After I glued them on I painted them.
e



The house number is 216 for February of 2016 when I finished it. I'm discovering that I really enjoy giving new life to worn out dollhouses. This is the third one I've done now. I've never really enjoyed the building process so I don't mind starting with an already assembled house. It does make for some challenges but half the fun is figuring out how to overcome those. Next up will be the conservatory that hubby bought for me on our last weekend getaway. I'm still don't have a plan but it will come.

I got the house finished in time to watch the Super Bowl. Go Broncos!

5 comments:

Giac said...

Hello De,
Congratulations! the project is a fantastic success. the roof is just perfect. It is a lovely house and you did a great job of every aspect...brick, trim...everything is well done!
Big hug
Giac

De said...

Thank you, Giac! Your comments are always so very appreciated. Thanks for always encouraging me.

PILAR6373 said...

Te ha quedado una casa preciosa,el tejado es genial,has hecho un gran trabajo con ella,felicidades!!!
Besos.

Marisa said...

It's very cute. I like the building process but I don't care to decorate the inside I can't wait to see your conservatory

M.Arta said...

You did a great job:)
Greetings
M.Arta