Friday, February 27, 2009

My daughter is home on break


Daughter number one is home from college on spring break. At least today, her first day home, I won't be doing any new mini projects. Today I'm posting photos of the general store I made from an old food crate that my other daughter gave me for my birthday last year. I like this type of project because it isn't really ever finished. You can always find room for one more thing. The doll was a gift from my husband's aunt so, although she's not very realistic, I keep her for sentimental reasons.
The left side of the store is where the customers gather for warmth and conversation after the long trip into town. You will also find tools, seeds and bulk supplies on this side of the store.

The right side of the store has the post office and counter. There are peppermint sticks and lemon drops for the children, cheese under glass, fresh eggs and a barrell of pickles all within easy reach.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your little store. And I agree with you, sentimental pieces add so much to it even if they aren't perfect.

De said...

Thank you!

Brenda said...

I like sentimental pieces in my scenes, too.

Have fun with your daughters, De. I wish my kids went to college out of state so I could enjoy them when they come home.

Kathi said...

I was just reading back through your posts and saw this store. I'd like to make a pharmacy roombox for my son who will be graduating from pharmacy school in a year or so. I've found lots of accessories but I really like the way you've created this box.
Thanks again for your inspiration.
Blessings,
Kathi