Thursday, February 5, 2009

Weddings on my mind







My daughter became engaged over Christmas and I've had weddings on the brain. Her wedding isn't for a year and a half but I've got a mini bridal shop I can play with in the meantime. Storybook Weddings Bridal Shoppe is located in a Greenleaf Storybook Cottage that I found already assembled in a local antique shop. I added the egg carton stonework on the exterior and did the interior decorating. I also made most of the fixtures and all of the dresses in the shop. Several dresses use bits of fabric from my honeymoon nightgown and robe. I have still have room for more gowns if inspiration strikes. The upstairs houses the sewing room the shop owner uses to create her lovely gowns. All of the designs are her original creations which makes her shop the one the brides frequent.

No comments: