Friday, February 26, 2010

Spring is coming...really!

To remind myself of that I made this spring themed hutch today. The hutch itself is a sanded, painted and glazed Michael's hutch. It's pretty but what I think makes it special is the hand painted "china" displayed in it. The plates and platter started life as those plastic seals that come out of milk and juice cartons. I painted the yellow flowers and green stripes and then sealed with a scrapbooking dimensional product to give them a china like finish. On top of the hutch is a glass bead vase of hand made daffodils and a ribbon trimmed basket of rocks "collected from vacation spots." I also added clear plastic "glass" to the upper doors. I love the warm and sunny feel of this hutch.

9 comments:

TreeFeathers said...

It's beautiful, De! Very cheerful.

- Grace

De said...

Thank you, Grace!

Deni said...

looking great De
I luv it
Those Michaels hutches are fabulous aren't they
What a clever idea using the lids for the plates

Kathi said...

So pretty! I love your "china!"
I've been seeing robins here lately and a few daffodils too. Maybe spring is coming!? :)

Lize said...

You did a super job, especially on those plates! They do not look like seals to me at all.

De said...

Thank you!

Peach Blossom Hill said...

It is so pretty and springy! But I am not sure I believe you that spring is coming! LOL! I see signs of it---they are pruning the peach trees and daffodils are blooming but yet they are calling for more winter weather Tuesday here! Yuck!

Jody

Kim said...

What a fabulous job you did painting the dishes- they are adorable! Spring is coming whether winter likes it or not. It's coming and winter just better watch out! Have a sunny day De!!!!

De said...

Thank you, Kim!