Tuesday, December 8, 2009

And now for something different...

I posted photos a while ago of the nursery swaps I got in a Small World swap. Today I finally made a place to display everything. I started with a photo box I bought on sale at JoAnn Fabrics. I paid a little over $2 for it. Everything else was a swap item or I already had it on hand.
The tree stump table by Sandy Copeland needed some matching chairs so I made the little tree stump stools. They aren't as nice as Sandy's table but they fit the table theme. The wall shelf and changing table are two pieces of the same Michael's hutch. I added trim and a bottom shelf to the hutch top to make the shelf. The bottom got "carved" feet/trim made from pieces of wooden clothespins. The window is made from the doors of another hutch. I made the border at the ceiling by cutting elements from floral wallpaper
The curvy wood trim was cut from veneer strips with scrapbooking scissors. The baseboard is also from veneer strips. The carpet is just a piece of felt.

6 comments:

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

That is one very pretty nursery De!
I am sorry to say that poor baby Joseph doesn't have a room yet, he lives in a very beautiful cot though!
Mercedes

De said...

Thanks, Mercedes. I think Joseph is probably quite content in his cot. ;0)

Kim said...

So cute De! I am in love with that little bassinet! Love the little baby toys on the shelf too- what a cute room!

De said...

Thank you, Kim. The bassinet and toys were made by friends on my mini forum.

cockerina said...

very, very nice!
Caterina

dora said...

Muy bonita escena, me gusta mucho.
Felices Fiestas.
Un abrazo Carmen