Monday, February 14, 2011

Still need to move up but....

I took time to put the ceiling paper and crown molding in the downstairs rooms. I also mounted the ceiling light fixtures. So that all meant I had to set the furniture up again. ;) I'm debating whether to use a rug under the table in the kitchen. I think it would add some color but I'm just not sure. I also don't know what type, if any, curtains to use on these windows. Suggestions?
The ceiling fan is just right for the living room. This room needs a doorknob and possibly curtains as well as more accessories for the bookcases but it's effectively finished. I love this room. I could quite happily live here. The colors are very much my personal style.
Here's a slightly more finished version of the porch. The arches are installed and the steps are in place. I think I need a porch swing or glider or at least a bench on the right side of the porch and a small table between the chairs on the left. They need someplace to put a glass of lemonade or iced tea. :) I also need a door knob for the door.

I really like the color combination (thank you, Kim, for saying the same thing!) The ivy green and country tan look really nice with the tan and gray stone. I'm trying to use colors found in nature. It's going to be a very peaceful looking decor.

6 comments:

Lataina said...

All of it is just wonderful! The colors work well and it just looks so warm and inviting. =)

Lataina said...

Forgot to mention how much I love the porch! =)

A. Wright said...

My goodness you are just flying through this! I have to admit I'm a tad jealous, I've been eyeing the house kit for a while now. Love what you've done with it De.

Kathi said...

Have you seen craftsmanhome.com?
Great rugs and many other ideas!

Marisa said...

i love that kitchen, it would look cute with some cafe curtains, are you going with traditional curtains with window topper or just a rod and drapes?

when (if I ever do get it) do my doll house I was thinking about making my own paper curtains like this

http://www.letsbuildadollhouse.com/lbdhbuildcurtains.htm

Hugs
Marisa

De said...

Thank you all! Off to check the craftsman home website....