Saturday, August 20, 2011

Playing with buttons


While surfing the internet yesterday I found a tutorial for a mini vase of flowers using stacked buttons for the vase. I apologize for the poor quality of these photos but you get the general idea. I used a variety of sizes of red buttons glued together with Loctite super glue to make a bowl shaped planter on a pedestal.
The ivy was made with punched paper stars and covered wire. I used an ink pad on one side of the paper to make the top and bottom sides of the leaves a slightly different color.

The rose leaves are hearts punched from two shades of green paper and the rose buds were made from tiny bits of a pink envelope, rolled and glued. I dragged the tips of the flowers over a burgundy stamp pad.

Then I just glued everything in place on top of the button. The vines are glued into the button holes to keep them stable. I filled in all the blank spots with roses and leaves.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I will have to try that. Thanks for sharing it.

De said...

Thank you, Doreen. It was a fun project was easy to do on a tray while watching TV with my husband.

Kim said...

wow- what a sweet little planter that makes! Thanks De!

Unknown said...

Buttons!!! Thank you for this idea. Hugs from Craftland