Monday, December 22, 2014

A Memory in Mini

 It's been so long since I had time to create anything in miniature. But now I'm on Christmas break so I did a few chores then got busy creating. First I had thought I'd make a wedding cake ornament for the newlyweds. While gathering my supplies I found this box my husband gave me. I forget what came inside it, but it made a perfect memory shadowbox.
 I put a wedding invitation on the back wall and made a "table" from cardstock. It's covered in burlap that was used as part of the wedding centerpieces. In addition to the cake, I made a mini version of my daughter's bouquet and the toasting glasses they used. Below is a close up of the mini cake. I made the actual cake topper, too. The mini was made with the tiniest of the pine cones we used for corsages and boutennieres. I made the cowboy hat from a hole punch out and a tiny bit of fun foam.
 Here's the real cake. I'm pleased with how well the mini version turned out.
Here you can see the real toasting glasses and a bit of the pinecone garland at the head table. I hope they like their mini memory. I certainly enjoyed making it. :-)

1 comment:

PILAR6373 said...

Preciosa escena!!
Besos.