Monday, October 29, 2018

Ready for winter

 While I still need to make some sort of fire guard, John and Louise now have a fireplace in addition to their cook stove. They should stay cozy once the temperature begins to drop. I carved the fireplace from a block of balsa and then added trim. The simple brick style suits the farmhouse.
 In the overview of the downstairs you can see that I couldn't live with the thumbtack curtain tie backs. I just used bits of ribbon instead.
John's pocketwatch is in a bowl on the nightstand. At this point it is the only clock in the house. Maybe I should make one for the mantel...


4 comments:

Giac said...

Hello De,
The room looks very warm and cozy.
Big hug
Giac

Jodi Hippler said...

The fireplace looks cozy and lovely! Louise and John are nearly ready for a housewarming party! Maybe one of their friends will gift them a lovely clock for the mantle!

De said...

Thank you!

De said...

Thank you! We can only hope about the clock, lol.