Thursday, May 28, 2009

My first philodendron

This is my first attempt at making a philodendron. I used many of the tips I've learned from Jayne at Tallulah Belle Originals but it is far from her standards. I used two sizes of heart punches to make the leaves and they are punched from a coffee filter painted one shade of green on one side and a lighter shade on the other. Each leaf was shaped individually and then glued onto a small stem. The stems were bent so that the leaves bend down like a real philodendron and then each of the little stems were glued onto a longer vine. The darker side of the leaves was edged with some of the lighter paint. All of the branches were planted in some clay with tea soil glued to the top.


Here's how it looks in the kitchen. I decided to put it on the fridge instead of the top of the cabinets because there's more space on the refrigerator and you can see the plant better.
I think I need to make some sort of large floor standing plant for the living room corner by the window.

6 comments:

Tallulah~Belle said...

Looks wonderful De...now you should post a tutorial :-)

It isn't that hard is it :-)

Jayne x

De said...

It wasn't necessarily difficult (although my leaves don't have any where near the detail that yours do!) but it was quite time consuming. Also, I punched my leaves and you hand cut them all. You certainly have nothing to fear from me in the way of competition! :0)

MiniKat said...

You did a fantastic job with the plant, De! I think it looks great on top of the frige. :-)

De said...

Thank you both!

Kim said...

It looks very pretty!

De said...

Thanks!