Sunday, August 22, 2010

Miss Rose finally makes her appearance

These are not the best photos. I'll try tomorrow for some better ones. Miss Rose is wearing a green and gold ensemble with a very low cut top. She favors green because it enhances her green eyes and red hair. The bright carrot color is a strong family trait - as you can see from both Rose and her cousin, Sean.
The bustle looks much better when you see it in person. I love her cascading ringlets and the feather headpiece.

Rose's gown was made from a blouse I got at the Salvation Army store. I love the color and I also love the crystal pleated ruffle.

I have a dance hall girl in pieces. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll have a chance to get her assembled and dressed. I think I want at least one more girl after I finish her. I'll probably need a couple more cowboys for the pool hall upstairs but I'll wait until I get the building constructed.

6 comments:

My Realitty said...

She is a stunner with those locks. Her dress is wonderful and clever of you to reuse a blouse. Love the knife pleating! CM

Unknown said...

Oh De! Miss Rose looks perfect - absolutely stunning. I love the colour of her dress and the ringlets in her hair are gorgeous!

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

Miss Rose is perfect, someone needs to keep the cowpoke in line.

Kim said...

De- all the characters are so fabulous! What a lively place the saloon will be!

Ascension said...

Me encanta Miss Rose, con esos bucles en el pelo y ese vestido tan fantastico!!!
besitos ascension

May said...

¡Bienvenida! Bella entrada ha hecho Misss Rose,
elegantemente vestida y con sus cabellos rojos. Enhorabuena.
Besitos, May