Saturday, February 7, 2009

Harriet's kitchen




Well, apparently my dreaming of spring has had an effect on the weather. Today we have warmer temperatures and the snow is melting. Of course, we are now left with mud...




Today I'm off on a date with hubby but I thought I'd show you some pictures of Harriet's home. She's the doll in the left hand column. I love to make rooms in interesting containers. Harriet's kitchen is in an old bread box. It's supposed to be a 1940s kitchen and, like most of us, some of her appliances are from an earlier decade and some are very new. The only furniture I didn't make in this room are the china cupboard and the ironing board. Harriet is preparing a snack for her grandchildren who are expected any minute. She's a fun-loving grandma and her grandkids beg for the chance to visit.

No comments: