Friday, February 20, 2009

Mini Museum









Hi everyone. I'm back from a long day of driving. Hubby had a doctor appointment 2 1/2 hours away. The appointment itself was an hour and a half long and then we had the return drive. He got a good report but there will be no actual mini-making today. Instead I'm posting some pics of the "mini museum" I set up in my house last spring for the senior citizens' group at my church. I set up all of my dollhouses like a city block on the dining room table with a gazebo in the middle (lucky for me I have a very large table!) The roomboxes were on the kitchen counter and snack bar. It was a lot of work to set up but very fun - and everything got a good cleaning. The seniors enjoyed looking at everything and several have commented on how much they enjoyed it since but I haven't yet been able to convince any of them to take up the hobby.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

That was very nice thing to do, De, opening your doors and inviting that group to view your minis. I am impressed.

De said...

Thanks, Brenda. It was actually a lot of fun. The only disappointing thing was how quickly they looked at each thing and moved on. As a miniaturist, I have to look everything over and see if I can figure out how to make it, do it, etc. They were just impressed that someone could work with things that tiny. :-)