Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Half scale progress

Last night I got 2 coats of paint on the exterior - it's a very soft yellow. The name of the color is "hope." I like that. :-) The light patches in the photo are the tape holding the shell together while the glue dries.
I also got the floors stained and the ceilings painted. The third floor will have tile in 2 of the 3 rooms but it was easier to stain the whole thing for now.

I woke up really early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I glued the shell together. Some time this afternoon I will start wall papering and painting trim. It's such a tiny little house with very simple details that it really won't take long to finish the inside and outside of the structure. Furnishing and accessorizing will take a bit longer.

2 comments:

dora said...

! That quickly!, insurance which is magnificent, I like the color.
Hugs Carmen

Meli Abellán said...

You are a hard worker and the results are great!
Meli