Sunday, May 16, 2010

Time for gardening...in mini

I spent several hours working in my real garden yesterday so today I was too sore to go back to that, lol. So instead I started a new mini garden. I used the lid to the wine crate I purchased at the garage sale last week as my base. I wanted a stream so that I could use this wonderful bridge made by a friend in one of my forums. The potting bench was made by Gaye of My Small Obsession.
The patio pavers are made from an egg carton (the gray ones) and a piece of packing cardboard (the tan ones.) The chairs will be painted a solid color, probably white, like stackable resin lawn chairs.
The glue isn't dry yet in this photo but I'm very happy with how the stream turned out. The base was painted tan and sprinkled with sand. I built up the sides of the bank with paper mache and the water fall at this end falls over stacked stones. The water is a piece of plastic wrap pinched and pleated together. There are even 3 little fish swimming in the stream. The concrete bench was made from pieces of the egg carton.

Obviously, I still have a lot of work to do as there aren't any plants in this garden yet. There will be some cattails near the waterfall. The garden beds will be filled with a mixture of flowering and green plants.

1 comment:

Meg said...

That bridge is really cute!