Friday, November 15, 2013

The house is finished!

 The exterior steps are finished and that was the last thing to finish the exterior. I am so happy with the way it turned out.
 The spiral stairs were not difficult at all. The best part is how little space they take up so there will be plenty of room for the appliances.
 I made the dining chairs from a couple of wooden spools and some of the punch out leftovers from the dollhouse kit. The table in the corner and the dining table have both been given a mosaic tile look and they  turned out really well. The rug is a vintage potholder I picked up somewhere. All that's left is to make the couch, chair, and appliances.
I made the bed last night from a piece of dollhouse trim, a box lid, and four spools. The sheets are made from cloth napkins and the quilt is preprinted fabric.

This is such a fun project - especially now that I'm to the furniture and accessories stage. The girls are almost here so I won't be posting updates over the weekend. More to come next week!

4 comments:

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi De, your house looks great!

Mini Addictions said...

Fabulous job, De. Thanks for the tips on how you made some of the minis. The chairs are great.

Deni said...

WOW thats fast work!!!!
Looks great!

De said...

Thanks, ladies!

I am debating about adding skirted cushions to the chairs. Any opinions?