Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It doesn't look like it should have taken all day...

The living room in the real house is pine paneled and has a framed wallpaper mural on the main wall. I need to figure out carpet, make a ceiling fan, 2 dark green recliners and a 1950s/60s style 2 level end table - that's the minimum I need. I'll have to see how much room is left after that. The real room is quite large. We now have the recliner that was my father in law's so it will be easy to copy.
The process of making the pine strips is easy but time consuming. The three craft sticks show the process. I used light and dark stain markers. If you look at real pine paneling you will see random knots and occasional dark curved and straight lines. Over time even sealed pine ages to a beautiful warm, golden color.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's looking great! My old house used to have walls like that :)

Dark Squirrel Victoria said...

I love how you made the paneling De. This is going to be cute and done in no time at all at the speed you work LOL :)

Victoria ❤

Ana said...

Le has dado un aspecto muy real a esa pared¡¡¡felicidades

Marisa said...

that is so cool, thanks for the mini tutorial!

Kim said...

It totally looks to me as if it would take all day! What a lot of work- it would have probably taken me a few days! It's beautiful- I bet it looks just like the real room. I love rooms like this- even if it's not the trendy style right now- lol! I LOVE the look of wood- in face we have a lot of wood in my real house :) Beautiful work De ♥