Friday, September 9, 2011

For the future castle

I used photos of some better quality mini furniture for inspiration. They had a lot of carving and I don't carve. So I embossed some metal sheeting instead to give the effect of carved wood.
I added pieces to trim the arms of the throne and then painted everything dark brown. I added some antiquing gel to give a woodgrained effect.
The armoire got Tudor style feet and new skirting. I think both pieces turned out pretty well - especially since I was only using materials I had on hand.

8 comments:

Kathi said...

I like the idea of embossing. Your cabinet and chair look great!

Mindy Max said...

That is a lovely idea! They turned out very rich looking. I love them!

De said...

Thank you, ladies! Sometimes you just have to improvise to get the look you want. That's why mini making is so fun. :)

dalesdreams said...

De this is fabulous!

I've been perusing your blog and I have to say, you are one of the busiest ladies I know! :)

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

I'm so looking forward to the castle coming together!

De said...

Thank you, Dale and Brandy! I'm having fun - now to find that castle...

MiniMaker said...

Great idea, De! Very clever, as usual!

De said...

Thanks, Gaye!