Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Time for a castle?

A couple of times ago when the Round Robin swap box came my way, I found a solid brass unicorn in it. I wasn't sure what I would do with it but it said "keep me" so I did. ;) Yesterday I painted it (3 coats of Gesso, 1 coat of oyster paint over all, accent colors added, sealed with matte sealer.) I love how it turned out. I think I want to make a princess to ride on him or maybe make a castle tower and have the unicorn at the base. Ideas are still forming but, oh, the possibilities. :D

4 comments:

Drora's minimundo said...

WoW!! The unicorn looks like it's made of ceramic. Your have done a great job. It deserves a princess, no doubt.
A mini hug

Eliana said...

Great job with the painting of the unicorn! Princess Ariana is very cute!
Hugs

De said...

Thank you both!

April said...

Wow! That was brass? Amazing transformation. I love how THIS started the whole castle project--and I agree with your *next* post in the series, that you NEED a grumpy old wizard mixing up something in a grungy basement-type area. :)