Sunday, September 11, 2011

Still thinking about that castle

I made these tapestries yesterday. They are cut from a catalog and then I used matte decoupage glue to put a layer of white tissue paper over the top. I stippled on another layer of the glue to give a fabric like appearance to the paper. I added fringe made from gold ribbon and ribbon hangers to hold the tapestries on the "bronze" rods. A fairly quick and easy project that results in a nice finished product.

As for that castle, I'm currently looking for a small used bookcase to convert into a castle. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I will check a couple of thrift stores while I'm in town. I'm also looking for a piece of furniture for one of my daughters so I have a legitimate reason for shopping, lol.

2 comments:

dalesdreams said...

De, these are wonderful! :)

I hear you rationalizing that shopping. lol ;)

De said...

;-)

And thank you, Dale. :D