Monday, March 23, 2009

Good morning!





Two of my kids are on spring break this week so it was a busy weekend. I hope to have some mini time later today but it may not happen. My daughter has a pile of clothing to mend/alter so I may be at the sewing machine more than the work table today. So today I'll show you some photos from the first men's game room I made. This one is 1:12 scale and was featured in American Miniaturist. My brother saw this one and really liked it and that's why I made the one for him in 1:16 scale that I posted photos of in an earlier post. This was my first experience in building a box from scratch (I used foam core for this one) and making and electrifying my own lights. These photos show the lights before my electrical supplies came but I have since made them working lights. I've been working on dolls for my etsy shop recently but looking at these pictures is making me want to start a bigger project again. Hmmm, I'll have to think about that for awhile. Have a great week everyone!

11 comments:

Sans said...

That's absolutely lovely! How long did it take you?

rosanna said...

It only lacks the sigarette smoke!

MiniKat said...

Such a handsome room! It looks like the perfect hideaway for the guys. :-)

De said...

Thank you all! Sans, once I start a project I tend to work on it until I've finished. I'm a bit single minded about my miniatures. :-) I think I did most of the work in about a week.

Jean Day said...

Hi De, That is so terrific, Mini Hugs, Jean

SenaMena said...

I remember this from the magazine. I enjoyed reading about how the room took shape. I love your work.

De said...

Thank you!

Pubdoll said...

Hi De, thanks for following my blog!
Also beacuse it gave me the chance to find you and this great game room! I like all the details you have put into it!

Have enjoyed looking through all the other nice settings in your blog,too. Especially the back porch and also your 1:16 rooms. (Same scale as my houses!)

Helene

De said...

Thank you, Helene!

Katie's Clay Corner said...

I love your man room! Love all the details~ right down to the KFC Bucket!! WOW!

De said...

Thank you, Katie!