Sunday, January 17, 2016

I really should be heading to bed

...but I have to share the living room with the knotty pine paneling. I also did some staging in the kitchen.
 First, the kitchen - Mrs. Sherwood is happily cooking away in her new kitchen. She still needs curtains on the windows, a clock, and some artwork but this room is nearly complete.
 I even started filling the pantry. I was asked about the cabinets and appliances today. For anyone who hasn't been following this project from the beginning, I purchased the basic lower cabinets and appliances but everything was all white. I sanded, painted, and redid the pieces to get the 50s look I wanted. The two upper cabinets were kits but I made the corner shelves and joined the two cabinets.
 The knotty pine paneling looks so good. I'm happy with the color and the thin wood was very easy to cut with an exacto or even craft scissors. The curtains were made from coffee filters and the carpet is scrapbook paper. This room needs artwork and I need to finish the front door. The tables need "stuff", too. I want the house to look lived in.

Mr. Sherwood approves of the makeover. He was getting tired of coming home to renovations. I'm not sure he's going to be too happy when the exterior brick work starts. :-)

Have a great week!

3 comments:

PILAR6373 said...

Todo comienza a tomar forma,vas avanzando rápidamente!!! Espero que cuando comiencen las obras del exterior el Sr. Serwood no se ponga demasiado nervioso!!!
Besos.

Giac said...

Hello De,
The pine looks very convincing! Well done.
Big hug
Giac

kittyandkatminiatures said...

It looks amazing! Your wood panelling turned out wonderful and the kitchen is spot on vintage.