Sunday, January 3, 2016

Mid Century Modern Starburst Clock

 While looking through Etsy for mid century modern dollhouse items I found a couple of sellers that make amazing dollhouse miniatures from that era. Unfortunately, my budget does not allow me to spend that much on my hobby. I really liked a couple of the clocks I saw. I did a google image search for mcm wall clocks and started to get ideas for what I could make. Then I had a "eureka moment" and remembered the vintage broach I hung in the antique shop just because it looked like a starburst clock. So I retrieved the broach and printed out a clock face I liked in several sizes.
 The first attempt was mounting a small face on cardboard and then gluing it in place. I didn't like the way that looked.
 Next, I popped out the faux pearl in the center and glued a plain paper face that was a bit larger in place. Ah, now we're getting somewhere.
 A tiny piece of wire, bent and glued in place makes perfect clock hands.
Now I'm waiting for the Triple Thick "glass" to dry. I will update this post with a final picture of the finished clock. I am so excited about this little thing! Back later with the update!

I also purchased a chair and ottoman for the Westville while I was searching Etsy. It's a dangerous place, that Etsy, lol. The seller is a lovely lady who didn't mind taking extra measurements for me. Her shop is filled with vintage items of all kinds.
This is the seller's photo and here's a link to her shop - lrobinson

6 comments:

kittyandkatminiatures said...

Love the clock! I did a starbust mirror (with tutorial) last year. There's something about a gold starbust mirror/clock to make a room feel really retro!

De said...

Thank you! I've only had time to work on the little things lately. I can't wait until I can get to the actual dollhouse rehab so I can see how it all fits together. Now I'm off to your blog to see your starburst mirror...

PILAR6373 said...

Es un reloj precioso!!!!!!
Besos.

Drora's minimundo said...

A great idea and beautiful result.
Hugs, Drora

De said...

Thanks, ladies!

Leslie said...

Thanks for the shout out! Your little chair is on the way. Hope you love it. :) Leslie !!!