Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tutorial for the Nativity figures - Part 5









The stable was made from scrap bits of wood with a cardboard back. I used moss to cover the roof. The star is a wooden cut out painted gold and dressed up with glitter dust. A store bought stable could be used...or display the figures without a stable. I hope the instructions make sense. As always leave a comment if you need clarification. Oh, I use Sculpey and Super Sculpey polymer clay but any polymer clay will do. Air drying clay would also work but you would have to paint the figures after they dry.

4 comments:

Karin F. said...

very very cute! Reminded me of the time that I made a creche of salt dough. My kids were small & we had a great time making all the people, and animals. Then when Christmas was over we had to put everything away.
Well we lived in a very tiny house with no room for anything so they were put into a box & stored in the attic.
Next Christmas when I brought the box back out, all the wise men were looking straight to heaven instead of down at the baby
.....seems the heat in the attic had soften the dough & caused the heads to droop backwards. Never did make another set. Ours were unique!

De said...

:0)

Deni said...

How lovely I adore the nativity!
You continue to amaze me with your wonderful minis De

De said...

Thank you Deni!