Thursday, July 25, 2019

A few small projects

 First up were the planters for the deck. As you can see by the one on the right, they were in desperate need of a makeover. I forgot to take a picture before painting the top. I just glued wooden stir sticks all the way around. Then I white washed them and added the rope trim.
 Here they are with the plants.
 I hung brass lanterns for bedside lamps in the master bedroom.
And I added a small pot of succulents to brighten up the fireplace.

Just little touches but big improvements. I am getting ready to cut siding strips next. Not sure why I am dreading this so much but I know I will love the end result so I need to get busy.

Have a wonderful, blessing filled day!

4 comments:

Jodi Hippler said...

The planters are so charming now! I love them, and the lanterns in the master bedroom! I usually find that dreading something takes more work than just doing it, but also that everything happens exactly when it should. Hope you "feel" like doing the siding, and that it turns out to be a lot of fun!

Drora's minimundo said...

The planters with the flowers look beautiful. So does the bedroom.
Hugs, Drora

De said...

Thanks, Jodi! I will have an update soon. I started the siding and I love it.

De said...

Thank you, Drora! Your encouragement means so much.