Wednesday, July 17, 2019

I think I am happy now

 I really didn't like the living room mantel before so I did some digging and found some pieces that I like much better.
 Looks like someone is taking a break from their solitaire game. (And I may be cross eyed after setting it all up.)
The green is not really as bright as the camera made it look. The cupboard on the left is the kitchen pantry for under the stairs. The chest is the one from the loft. The room needed a splash of color. Both pieces are from Dollar Tree. Both pieces also had some structural changes to be able to fit in their spots.



Grandpa James got a low footstool for his feet since I had to raise the chair height. There is also a tall plant in the corner behind him.


And, finally, the skylights over the loft got all new "glass." I need to try to change the kitchen window glass and the sunroom windows will all be new. The only original glass will be the large 3 story front window. All of the others were dirty or had paint on them. Another one of those little details which make such a huge difference.

No comments: